Thursday, April 8, 2010

Critical Thinking

After reading the article by Alec Fisher, Critical Thinking: An Introduction, I understood that critical thinking can be summed up as being able to think of the problem, reason with the thoughts that you come about, take charge of your thinking and won’t let your belief be easily influenced. I believe that both Rachel Maddow and John Stewart are critical thinkers. I have not seen their shows but from what I read from the article Sarcastic Times, they both considered the news as the problem and have reasoned with it. They have critically thought about the news and come up with their own belief which is to make humor out of them. In the article, Maddow’s jokes were being said juvenile but she defended it. This shows that she had given the problem a thought; hence she was able to defend her belief. However, those who shouted at Barney Frank and John Lewis should not be considered critical thinkers because it seemed that they acted right there and then and did not give it much thought. They simply wanted to express their view without thinking of it as a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment